Could the stabbing at a Houston nightclub have been prevented and are justice and compensation available to the victim’s family? Read Our Legal Take below to find out what legal options are available.
A stabbing at a Houston, TX nightclub early Sunday morning, Nov 20, 2022, left one man dead.
As reported by HoustonChronicle.com, “[a] 36-year-old man was fatally stabbed early Sunday outside a nightclub in west Houston…Officers at around 4 a.m. Sunday received a call that a man arrived at a hospital with multiple stab wounds.” Per the report, “the man was declared dead at Altus Houston Hospital.”
Click2Houston.com is reporting, “Investigators said the victim Sergio Mandujano, 36, can be seen on surveillance video attempting to fight off two men before being stabbed about 20 times outside [a nightclub] located at 5712 South Gessner. ”
According to the report, “the stabbing may have been a result of an earlier incident where Mandujano attempted to intervene during an alleged fight between the suspect seen in the surveillance video…and his girlfriend.”
The incident remains under investigation.
Is Justice Available? Our Legal Take
Nightclub and parking lot patrons have a right to feel safe and secure while on the premises they are visiting. The level of security provided at the property is of significance, and is a relevant consideration when analyzing whether this incident may have been prevented. The following questions are also important in assessing whether this incident may have been avoided:
- Have prior incidents of violence been reported on or near the property?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of any suspicious activity prior to the stabbing?
- Was there security personnel at the property?
- Have there been prior incidents of violence on the property?
- Were security measures added after any prior incidents?
- What protocol was in place to deter crime and protect the victims at the time of the incident?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of any suspicious persons or suspicious activity on the property prior to the incident?
- Have authorities been to the property on prior occasions?
Property owners and managers are generally required to protect against foreseeable harm to anyone and everyone legally on the premises. Should the investigation into this incident reveal facts that establish that the property owner or management lacked adequate security to protect its visitors, or engaged in the negligent retention of its security personnel, the family of Sergio Mandujano may seek justice and elect to pursue legal claims and substantial compensation for their loss.
The Murray Law Firm has extensive and successful experience in handling security negligence claims on behalf of victims and their families, and suggests that an immediate, unbiased inspection and investigation will need to be performed so as to limit evidence from being altered, damaged or destroyed. The complexities of pursuing a negligent security case are well understood by the legal team at The Murray Law Firm, and it is imperative that the family of Sergio Mandujano retain a capable law firm who will work without delay to protect their interests.
OUR RESULTS? OVER $125 MILLION IN VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS FOR OUR CLIENTS.
The Murray Law Firm has a long history of representing victims of violence and security negligence. We have obtained over $125 Million in verdicts and settlements for our Clients, including:
- A $29.25 million dollar verdict for a victim of an unsafe property.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a victim of gun violence at an apartment complex.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a family who lost a loved one to gun violence at a commercial property.
We offer our legal assistance, if desired. We represent our Clients on a contingency agreement, which generally means that no fees or payments are owed until and unless we recover. Anyone seeking further information or legal representation is encouraged to contact us via e-mail (click here) or by telephone at 888-842-1616. Consultations are free and confidential.
Click Here to Find Out How to Choose the Right Attorney